best stand stroller Lights (Sparky Trying to Rip Me off)

Support zu allgemeinen Themen
referee

best stand stroller Lights (Sparky Trying to Rip Me off)

Beitragvon referee » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 06:48

looking for some options for some outdoor lights. Mainly to have on at night so we can see our courtyard and feel a bit safe. At the moment we have a small light at the door (working), and only 1 of 3 flood lights in the garden working. The sparky is saying he needs to do this and that and it will cost $600 for new wiring and 3 new lights. So I'm thinking I can get some solar lights.

stopwrinkles

Re: best stand stroller Lights (Sparky Trying to Rip Me off)

Beitragvon stopwrinkles » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 06:48

I've also purchased some Sanyo Cadnica (Ni-CD) batteries which I want to experiment with. I'll buy two more light units and put one of each battery (a Sanyo Ni-CD and a Ni-MH) in them and see how they perform over the long term.With regards to those who have posted about solar lights not lasting, is it the light unit (itself) that is failing or just the battery? I did have a few earlier failures with solar powered lights but, in every case, it was due to poor quality batteries and not the actual lighting unit. In the heat of the sun the batteries would rupture, leak and damage the light unit internals. One battery exploded and cracked the solar panel. (The manufacturers really need to put a little more thought into the selection of the batteries that power units that sit in the hot sun all day.)

leedingcaterer

Beitragvon leedingcaterer » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 06:49

stopwrinkles hat geschrieben:I've also purchased some Sanyo Cadnica (Ni-CD) batteries which I want to experiment with. I'll buy two more light units and put one of each battery (a Sanyo Ni-CD and a Ni-MH) in them and see how they perform over the long term.With regards to those who have posted about solar lights not lasting, is it the light unit (itself) that is failing or just the battery? I did have a few earlier failures with solar powered lights but, in every case, it was due to poor quality batteries and not the actual lighting unit. In the heat of the sun the batteries would rupture, leak and damage the light unit internals. One battery exploded and cracked the solar panel. (The manufacturers really need to put a little more thought into the selection of the batteries that power units that sit in the hot sun all day.)

The reason for my using solar powered lights is that I live on a very large, sprawling property. When the cost of digging long trenches, installing conduit and cabling, re-landscaping, electrical safety and on-going running costs is compared to the cost of replacing batteries every few years . . . needless to say, I'm a convert!

referee

Beitragvon referee » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 06:49

Along a walk-way, I've installed 10 x Eve Lighting 1 Watt motion sensor LED lights. These turn on automatically when light levels are low but become brighter when the motion sensor is triggered. They also have two lighting options. 'Day' or 'warm.' More than happy with these units.

stopwrinkles

Beitragvon stopwrinkles » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 06:50

referee hat geschrieben:Along a walk-way, I've installed 10 x Eve Lighting 1 Watt motion sensor LED lights. These turn on automatically when light levels are low but become brighter when the motion sensor is triggered. They also have two lighting options. 'Day' or 'warm.' More than happy with these units.

I also purchased some very cheap, small garden post lights also by Eago. These are available in several different colours (I have one white, one yellow and one purple). I've affixed these lights to floats and have set them loose on a fish pond.In all of the above units, except the floating fish pond lights, I immediately replaced the batteries. They come with 'no-name' Nickel Cadmium (Ni-CD) batteries but I replaced them with Varta and Energizer Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries. One of the alleged benefits of Ni-MH batteries are that they are not supposed to suffer 'memory effect' to the same degree as Ni-CD.

leedingcaterer

Beitragvon leedingcaterer » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 06:50

The units with the replacement Ni-MH batteries have all been operating for over 2 years. The cheap floating lights have been operating for less than a year and, when they finally fail, I'll use the 'no-name' batteries that I pulled from the other units. If you want to know more details please visit here best stand stroller

Zurück zu „Support“